Patriot Resistance Forum
Patriot Resistance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patriot Resistance Forum

Community for PatriotResistance.com Members

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Intell wanted
Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptySun May 10, 2015 8:37 pm by Blackout

» Maryland Patriot
Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptySun May 10, 2015 10:22 am by Blackout

» New Member from S. California
Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 11:39 pm by Stompit

» Oklahoma here
Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 2:43 pm by Bill Hester

» Greetings From Kansas
Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 11:21 pm by Delta_Wolf

» New member from Arizona
Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 2:49 pm by heathenharry

» New member from Virginia
Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:58 am by Will20

» greetings from Maine!
Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 11:10 am by toekneesee

» New Patriot from northern Nevada
Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 3:23 pm by CLRedmond

» Greetings from Kentucky
Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 8:03 am by jsteelpatriot

» Is this the beginning of gun control? 22 LR
Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:31 am by Dreams_pettling

» excellent hunting and defensive / offensive weapon
Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:15 am by Dreams_pettling

» rugged models
Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:17 am by Dreams_pettling

» Greetings, brothers.
Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 7:54 pm by St42s0n

» Hello to all members!
Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyFri May 16, 2014 3:51 am by Kyria

Discussion on Why Join a Militia?

Go down 
+4
militiamedic
cowboy
IndianaPatriot
Watchmen Jeff
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Watchmen Jeff
Commander
Commander
Watchmen Jeff

Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  Empty
PostSubject: Discussion on Why Join a Militia?    Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 9:55 pm

I am looking to open up an open discussion on the subject of, Why Join a Militia?
Since our group is new and we are in the process of organizing as well as building our website.

I would like to get some feed back from some of the more seasoned militia groups and members out there on this subject.

I am building a page for our website for this purpose in hopes of it helping with recruiting new members.

Basically it would out line why people look to join a militia group, the pros and cons to not being a part of an organized militia group. What being in an organized militia group can offer to its members by being part of a group?

Keep in mind that I will also be using some of this material to design and print information pamphlets brochures.

Thank you for you help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thewatchmenofflorida.com/index.html

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Why Join a Militia?    Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 9:50 pm

You can use elements of the Alaska Watchmen to help you build your website.
www.alaska-watchmen.com

Always be straight up front with your goals, objectives, and rules.
yeah--you gotta have rules to set the stage.

Drop me an email and I will sen you what i use as both an ointroduction, and as a candidate application.
frankeschein@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down
Watchmen Jeff
Commander
Commander
Watchmen Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Why Join a Militia?    Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:22 am

Thanks guys, and I will shoot you an email Frank.

Yes you are right RandyMack, I am looking for information to really wake people up, but more so why people such out militia groups, I figure if they are looking at the Watchmen of Florida website or other militia sites and reading the info, they must be awake some what and looking to take there lives to the next level of security.

I want the website to be open and up front as possible with info other than private info that would jeopardize the unit. OPSEC

More of good informative info that some would that is on the fence reading and the info just gives them that last push in the right direction. The subject of this thread is due to your show I was on July 4th.
I think the gust we had raised some very good questions. As well as some good answers, but I would like to get more in depth about it and be more informed my self.

Thank guys
Back to top Go down
IndianaPatriot
Commander
Commander
IndianaPatriot

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Why Join a Militia?    Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:52 pm

Hey Jeff, it's Josh with Watchmen of Indiana.......some of the best advice I can give you is always be honest with your people because that will help them trust and what your doing and they will be Proud of being a member of the Watchmen, also when you do get inquiries respond to them right awayto let them know they matter to you right from the beginning.
Once you have some members that you trust start filling in your officer rolls so that you have help with your recruiting.
As Franke as told you I to offer my services just email at mjg0102@aol.com if I can help you out as well.

Joshua Goines
Watchmen of Indiana Co.
www.watchmenofindiana.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.watchmenofindiana.com
Watchmen Jeff
Commander
Commander
Watchmen Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Why Join a Militia?    Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 7:09 pm

Thank you very much guys. I will be looking you up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Why Join a Militia?    Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 2:22 am

It doesn't matter if you are just one person starting out a watchmen group, or already have an established formation--the fact that you are doing something is of great value to those that recognize it, and have the need/desire to join with you.

The secret is to always watch what you say in public. Even something small might come back to haunt you one day. You cannot under any circumstances come off like a racist, even a little bit, and expect to call yourself equal opportunity. You will eat those words later. For example, notice how easy it is for the enemedia to paint militia members as belonging to a white power/racsist group. It's easy because having ANY contact in public with these types of groups will cause others to assume that you embrace these ideals and causes.

I NEVER post at any website that I consider racist in nature. I never send email messages, or little kudo's on comments sections to racist websites or racist postings--anywhere. The internet Archive always remains, and somebody with a little skill can make you eat your words.

For example, if you post on a page something against Jews, or Blacks, Or Indiana, and somebody does a search under your name--even though your comment is gone with the page, the archives are still there. When you use google or yahoo and do a search--you can see evidence of this in the search results. It's called "cached", and will take you to the archived page.

The other things about militia membership that is important, is that leaders lead from the front, and not from behind a desk.

As an Army Ranger I learned that men will only follow in your immediate footsteps. if your prints are inside, then that's where they will follow. The same goes with honesty, loyalties, and dedication to your cause.

Think through every question before you give an answer. Even if it means delaying the answer until you have a better understanding of the question itself. That way your not eating your words, or come off looking like an inept fool when you try to guess your way through it.

One of the best example of increasing your membership is to offer the Watchmen uniform and tactical gear packages that comes with membership. Lets face facts--everyone WANTS the brand new high quality stuff, but unless you happen to own a gas or oil well--most people will buy surplus gear and uniforms. So make it easy on them to get what they need--and the cost isn't costing them an arm and leg.

Back to top Go down
Watchmen Jeff
Commander
Commander
Watchmen Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Why Join a Militia?    Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 2:33 pm

All good points and sound advice, thank you. I have designed a Why Join Us page for our website, I have not published it yet, see what you guys think of it and let me know your thoughts on it please.

http://www.tcairsoft.com/watchmenofflorida/whyjoin.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Why Join a Militia?    Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:43 pm

survivormanjeff wrote:
All good points and sound advice, thank you. I have designed a Why Join Us page for our website, I have not published it yet, see what you guys think of it and let me know your thoughts on it please.

http://www.tcairsoft.com/watchmenofflorida/whyjoin.html

FUGGIN-A DUDE!
THAT ROCKS!
Back to top Go down
Watchmen Jeff
Commander
Commander
Watchmen Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Why Join a Militia?    Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 8:12 am

Thanks guys, I will run with it then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Why Join a Militia?    Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:10 pm

Hell--I like the Florida page so much,, I have adopted some of those elements to the Alaska page as well. Damned fine job brother!
Back to top Go down
cowboy
Commander
Commander
cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Why Join a Militia?    Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:10 pm

excellent idea! great job on your page Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.survivaltimes.org/forums/index.php
Watchmen Jeff
Commander
Commander
Watchmen Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Why Join a Militia?    Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 4:17 pm

Thanks every one, its all about working together. I feel the more our groups work together on ideas and basic design of what we expect and want for our group the better we are for it. There is power in numbers and in numbers there are many great ideas.
Back to top Go down
militiamedic
Defender
Defender
militiamedic

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Why Join a Militia?    Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi all from Kansas, I know the tipping point for me personally was the Waco and Ruby Ridge incidents in which the government showed it's true colors in my generation. If any has ever read the book Unintended Consequences, then you already know the atrocities the US government has commited against the citizens of this country at times in our history. I have served our county via the US Marine Corps and a US Navy Corpsman and refuse to let the freedoms that everyone before me has sacrificed with blood and sometimes their lives be lost not only for myself, but also for my children, grandchildren, friends, loved ones and neighbors.
Back to top Go down
http://watchmenofkansas.com/
1stmardiv
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Why Join a Militia?    Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:25 pm

any tips on how to start building a militia unit? I've been in contact with units near me but I use the term near in a very loose manner (having to drive 2 hours to reach the closest member just doesn't seem like a very good thing) Just not sure where to begin any input would be very much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
http://missourimilitia.com

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Why Join a Militia?    Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:10 pm

1stmardiv wrote:
any tips on how to start building a militia unit? I've been in contact with units near me but I use the term near in a very loose manner (having to drive 2 hours to reach the closest member just doesn't seem like a very good thing) Just not sure where to begin any input would be very much appreciated.

What state are you in?

We have groups in several states. Real groups--not internet groups.

Start your own Watchmen group...
Back to top Go down
1stmardiv
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Why Join a Militia?    Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:12 pm

I live in central Missouri
Back to top Go down
http://missourimilitia.com

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Why Join a Militia?    Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:13 pm

1stmardiv wrote:
I live in central Missouri

We have a group in Kansas that is lloking for no members.
I would suggest that you hook up with them, and branch out of their group until you form your own..
PM me and I will give ya' the scoop
Back to top Go down
Defender
Defender

PostSubject: Reason to join a militia!   Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 3:43 pm

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on
Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

Just about sums it up for me.
Back to top Go down
algunjunkie
Defender
Defender

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Why Join a Militia?    Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 10:29 am

Even though I am not in a Militia I have done a lot of research on it and about them, one thing that I have noticed is just about one every site that the legality of the issue is overlooked. Most people that I speak with about militias all ask the same questions and seem to not find the answers. The as for the sites link from this site, while they are truly motivational and inspiring it still leaves the doubt about the legality. I know that you guys know this stuff and tell folks that militias are perfectly legal to form and join, I just never see it in writing or linked so that I can read it on my own.

This information would be a good thing for those that are on the fence and want the true definition of what a militia truly is and not the TV version.

Here is what I found, use it, trash it, toss it or whatever you like.

USC (US Code)
TITLE 10--ARMED FORCES

Section 311. Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are commissioned officers of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are--
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

Section 312. Militia duty: exemptions

(a) The following persons are exempt from militia duty:
(1) The Vice President.
(2) The judicial and executive officers of the United States, the several States and Territories, Puerto Rico, and the Canal Zone.
(3) Members of the armed forces, except members who are not on active duty.
(4) Customhouse clerks.
(5) Persons employed by the United States in the transmission of mail.
(6) Workers employed in armories, arsenals, and naval shipyards of the United States.
(7) Pilots on navigable waters.
(Cool Mariners in the sea service of a citizen of, or a merchant in, the United States.

(b) A person who claims exemption because of religious belief is exempt from militia duty in a combatant capacity, if the conscientious
holding of that belief is established under such regulations as the President may prescribe. However, such a person is not exempt from militia duty that the President determines to be noncombatant.

U.S. Constitution - Article 1 Section 8
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

I then went into the my state constitution and found out the legalities of MY state. They are legal here as well. When talking to someone about joining a militia, give them something other that "yeah, its legal."

There are other guidelines out there as far as appearances goes and things that you can not do. Those are things that need to be addressed in training.

Just my .02.
Back to top Go down
http://algunjunkie.webs.com
Defender
Defender

PostSubject: Legal recognition for the Militia in Utah   Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 2:13 pm

This will be added to our State page as well as the above information from our brother algunjunkie:

39-1-1. Militia -- How constituted -- Persons exempted.
(1) All able-bodied citizens, and all able-bodied persons of foreign birth who have declared their intention to become citizens, who are 18 years of age or older and younger than 45 years of age, who are residents of this state, constitute the militia, subject to the following exemptions:
(a) persons exempted by laws of the United States;
(b) persons exempted by the laws of this state;
(c) all persons who have been honorably discharged from the army, air force, navy, or volunteer forces of the United States;
(d) active members of any regularly organized fire or police department in any city or town, but no member of the active militia is relieved from duty because of his joining any volunteer fire company or department;
(e) judges and clerks of courts of record, state and county civil officers holding office by election, state officers appointed by the governor for a specified term of office, ministers of the gospel, practicing physicians, superintendents, officers and assistants of hospitals, prisons and jails, conductors, brakemen, flagmen, engineers and firemen of railways, and all other employees of railways actually employed in train service; and
(f) idiots, lunatics, and persons convicted of infamous crime.
(2) All exempted persons, except those enumerated in Subsections (1)(a) through (f), are liable to military duty in case of war, insurrection, invasion, tumult, riot, or public disaster, or imminent danger of any of these, or after they have voluntarily enlisted in the National Guard of this state.

Amended by Chapter 324, 2010 General Session

39-1-2. Militia divided into two parts.
(1) The militia of this state shall be divided into two parts: the National Guard and the unorganized militia.
(2) The National Guard shall consist of:
(a) a joint forces headquarters commanded by the adjutant general and authorized a general officer as deputy commander;
(b) a department for army commanded by a general officer; and
(c) a department for air commanded by a general officer.
(3) The numerical strength, composition, distribution, organization, arms, uniforms, equipment, training and discipline of the National Guard shall be prescribed by the governor in conformity with the laws and regulations of the United States and the laws of this state.
(4) The unorganized militia shall consist of all members of the militia not members of the National Guard.

Amended by Chapter 65, 2005 General Session

Back to top Go down
UnitedWeStand
Defender
Defender

PostSubject: NYS   Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:42 pm

I'm from NYS, near Syracuse. Always looking for more to join. You may contact me on skype. UnitedWeStand, user name steven.tylor2. I part of a group and always looking for expansion. You can be a civilian and we will train you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Why Join a Militia?    Discussion on Why Join a Militia?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Discussion on Why Join a Militia?
Page 1 of 1